Bring your group together though a drum circle!
If your group would like to have a drum circle, but you don't know where to start, I'd be happy to help!
I will come to your space and facilitate a drum circle for you! This can include instruction on Drum Circle etiquette, some basic rhythms, facilitated games, etc.
Drum Circle Facilitation is generally available within a half-hour to hour drive of Grafton. I ask $150 for a one hour circle depending on the size of the circle. Please inquire for additional cost of circle above 20 people. I ask an additional $25+ if the circle is more than a half hour away.
Bese Saka is also available for a performance/drum circle. All 6 of us come out and give a performance for the first half and then we invite everyone to grab small percussion instruments and drums and join us for the second half. This is a great option to get in both passive and active experience with drumming. It is also terrific for groups who might be shy getting into the drumming as there are more experienced drummers to help lead the way. We ask anywhere from $200-$400 depending on the size of the group and the distance that we have to drive.
Past Circles that I have led were:
- Summer Library Program at Memorial School in Upton at 10:30 am on July 24th
- Drum Circle for the Adoptive Families Together Family Picnic at Hopkinton State Park at 5:00pm on July 21st
- Drum Circles for children at Chabad Day Camp at the Solomon Schechter Lower School in Newton, MA at 2:30 and 3:00pm on July 16th
- International Family Fun Festival at Memorial School, Upton, MA on November 10th, 2006. There were seven back to back 15 min. drum circle experiences for children where they listened, learned and played polyrhythms and jammed. It was an awesome evening!
- Family Drumming Circles sponsored and hosted by Apple Tree Arts on February 2, 2006, February 3, 2005 and July 14, 2005, at the Congregational Church on Grafton Common. The July circle was a followup to a Kid's Drum Making class.